Elizabeth Gunner BSc (Hons) MRCSLT, ASLTIP, HCPC
I completed my undergraduate degree in Speech Sciences at University College London in 2002, and qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist at that time. I am a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, the Health Care Professionals Council, and the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice.
I am committed to maintaining and developing my skills as a Speech and Language Therapist and have specific training in:-·
- Derbyshire Language Scheme
- New Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme
- MAKATON (signing system)
- Attention Autism
- Word Aware (Vocabulary)
- CAS - Childhood Apraxia of Speech
What to expect
I accept referrals from a range of people including parents/ carers, Health Visitors, Doctors and Educational staff.
First contact is often made by phone. I will be pleased to discuss your child, any concerns you have and exactly what I can offer at this time. If you choose to go ahead and organise an appointment, I will assess your child through observation, discussion with you and formal or informal assessments. At the end of this first session I will discuss my findings and recommendations with you. After the appointment I will write a thorough report and forward it to you.
Following assessment a number of outcomes may happen:
- Therapy sessions. I try and be as flexible as possible. Options will be discussed and agreed with you.
- A school/ nursery visit to gather more information or to liaise with school staff.
- A home programme followed by a review appointment.
- No intervention may be necessary.
- Onward referral to other services.